Sunday, April 1, 2012

Lesson 11: The Nurse Manager's Role in Quality Control Assignment

1. What do you consider elements of quality care when receiving healthcare services?
I have not had a ton of experience being on the receiving end of healthcare services. My experiences are limited to routine physicals and the occasional instacare visit for a cold or flu. With these experiences, I have developed the opinion that quality care is reflected in the competency and delivery of care by the healthcare professionals. I expect the doctors and nurses to have the knowledge to give me the best care and treatment. I also would consider their professionalism to be an element of quality care. If I am unimpressed with their "customer service" I will take my business to another facility.
2. What do you consider elements of quality care as a professional nurse?
As a professional nurse, I feel the elements of quality care to be similar to my previous answer. I feel in order to deliver quality care I need to be competent and knowledgeable. I feel training is an important aspect in preparing me to give quality care. I also consider my patients to be customers. I need to give the best customer service I can to give quality care.
3. Are the two similar or different?
The two answers are similar for me, but I think that is because I am a nurse. The fact that I am a nurse has an influence on how I perceive care as a patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment