Thursday, March 8, 2012

March 6, 2012 Class

This class was very interesting to me. We discussed the hiring and interview process. I have had more experience with the applying and interview process this past year then I could have ever wanted. I have applied to over 300 jobs and had about 10 interviews. It has been a real eye-opener and learning experience for me. In this economic climate, every application and interview counts. In class, we discussed the use of behavioral-based questions. Behavioral based questions are important, because it allows the interviewer to get to know the person being interviewed. These questions are open ended and often asking the interviewer to give specific examples. In my interviewing experience, I feel that some of my interviewers have not been very prepared to interview me, while other times the interviewers were very prepared. This helped me know what kind of company I was interviewing with. Just this week, I was offered a job at LDS Hospital. My interview for this position was my best experience interviewing yet. The manager was friendly, asked appropriate questions, and made me feel at ease. This was so important to me, because it allowed me to show the interviewer who I am. I hope someday when I am on the other side of the table, I will remember the qualities that make a good interview experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment